BUG FIXES (all variants)
- Flickering light in virtual cockpits: FIXED
- Control column top Ngons: FIXED
- Ailerons reversed in VC view: FIXED
- Cockpit camera left view error: FIXED
- HSI and CDI INOP: Fixed for full VOR/DME navigation
- Cold and dark ramp start: FIXED
- HSI distance and course read-outs: FIXED
- HUD hard to read in bright light: FIXED (see ADDITIONS below)
- HUD AoA bracket not visible: FIXED
- HDG and CRS knobs not working correctly: FIXED
- ILS detection invalid: FIXED
- GPS/NAV switch not present: FIXED
- Fuel flow indicators inaccurate: FIXED
- INOP generator switches: REMOVED (not functioning correctly in MSFS)
- INOP master-start switch: REMOVED (Event Master Start All not available in MSFS as a “switch”)
- INOP Hydraulic switches: REMOVED (F-15 has engine-driven hydraulic system)
- To/From flags missing from HSI: FIXED
- Floodlight switch reversed: FIXED
- Some internal PBR surfaces not displaying: FIXED
- Heading knob working but not animating: FIXED
- Toe-brakes too weak: FIXED
- F-15D gyro-compass acting like whiskey compass: FIXED
- Tailhook handle INOP: FIXED
- Tailhook external INOP: FIXED
- Rain and snow entering cockpit: FIXED
- Throttles not responding at low RPM setting: FIXED
- WWise custom sound set from SimAcoustics, unique engine sounds for Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-220 and Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-229 plus internal cockpit sounds, sound attenuation, AI sounds, 3D sound and more...
Exterior PBR effects enhanced with new metallic texture sheets for more realistic surface finish
- Further enhancements to the aerodynamics and engine files (in collaboration with, and with permission of, expert modders "CodenameJack447", "Severus" and "Silent")
- Icing effects added to canopy and windshield
- Mild "tint" added to windshield for better HUD visibility in bright sunlight
- Scratches on canopy glass enhanced for greater visibility
- Anti-Ice switch added for windshield
-HUD power switch added to all versions on HUD control panel
- Fuel gauge read-out simplified to total fuel weight (pounds)
- Hz ADF dial added (KHz dial can also be tapped to change Hz frequency)
- Checklists added to the in-sim Dropdown menu
NOTE: Autopilot remains a simple 3-axis system and does not have selectable VS or ALT. Fly to the required "numbers", activate AP master, then grab HDG Hold, ALT Hold.
Set throttle for airspeed.
Set GPS/NAV switch to "NAV" for VOR navigation, switch to "GPS" to follow a flight plan.
BUG FIXES PHASE 1
- Gauge performance issue in virtual cockpit that was cutting frame rates in half: Fixed for F-15C and D, improved for E and I models.
- Canopy Reflections in virtual cockpit too high: Reflective surface reduced
- Missing cameras in cockpit: New camera views added
- I and D models hidden in liveries: Models now all have separate folders
- Polygon shadowing on ailerons: Fixed
- Engine start issue on runway, gate, apron etc: Fixed
- Texture fall back issue: Fixed
- Canopy able to open in flight: Fixed
- Gear handle lever mouse-rect INOP: Fixed
- Aircraft restricted to Mach 1: Fixed, now Mach 2 + capable ( further aerodynamic and engine work in progress )
- Lights "move" from positions: fixed
- LOD models appear at wrong times or too early: fixed
- Polygon shading on control column: fixed
- Landing gear lever INOP: Fixed
- F-15E / I faint HUD: Fixed
- Incorrect hierarchy on throttle switches: Fixed
- Throttles failing to move independently per engine: Fixed
- Beacon light switch corrected to "Strobe"
- Removed wing "G-vapor" effect due to general user opinion
ADDITIONS PHASE 1
- New aerodynamics and engine settings ( with permission of and many thanks to enthusiast and modder CodenameJack447! )
- New camera views added to Virtual Cockpit
- NAV-HOLD switch added to cockpit
- NAV SWAP switch added to F-15C and D side panels
- Switch material modified for less "shine"
- New afterburner visibility coding ( with permission of and many thanks to SilentG37 and Severus! )
TEXTURE UPGRADE PHASE 1
- Several FSX and P3D platform textures replaced, PBR added to cockpit surfaces along with weathering
- Resolution of texture maps increased
- UV maps re-done to support higher resolution without performance degradation.
MODELING UPGRADE PHASE 1
- Cockpit modeling enhanced, extra detail added to cockpit walls, canopy frame and canopy handle areas
- Polygon and Ngon shadowing issues fixed
- Rudder pedals re-modeled and textured
- TAA mode still tears all and any projected-gauge displays. This is a current limitation within MSFS, and at this time Asobo have not issued a fix.
- MFD Displays limited to what MSFS can reasonably reproduce, no FLIR or RADAR yet that were featured in Prepar3D versions, but working on replacements.
- NAV functions coded correctly but sometimes failing to respond to VOR / ILS frequencies. Investigating to fix for next update.
- F-15E and I still suffering from some FPS loss due to many glass screen displays, caused by MSFS incompatibility with XML coding. Investigating further
how to improve performance, with a view to ultimately re-coding displays in HTML for ideal compatibility