Service Pack 1 for Trainz Railway Simulator 2006 (build 2773)
A detailed installation guide is available to view here - It is important that you follow each step exactly as detailed, otherwise the patch may not work.
- Disable your anti-virus/firewall and any cd/dvd copy software.
- If you have custom content (including maps), please follow the instructions for
backing up your custom content (at the end of this guide) before proceeding any
- Uninstall "Train Driver" if you have this add-on product installed before you uninstall
TRS2006, and remember that you will have to re-install Train Driver after the Service
Pack has been applied.
- Uninstall TRS2006.
- Re-install TRS2006 - you will need your Serial Number which is printed inside the
TRS2006 DVD case.
- Do NOT run TRS2006 - if you do run Trainz it will prevent the service pack from
installing correctly and you will need to re-start this process by uninstalling again.
- Run the SP1 patch from the hard drive - if the patch has been supplied on a disc
please copy the file to your hard drive and then run the patch. It may not work
correctly if run directly from a cd/dvd.
- Expect to wait a long time around the 12-18% mark. The complete installation can
take around 45 minutes due to the amount of updated content being installed.
- You must have the TRS2006 disc in your drive to install the service pack.
After SP1 has been applied:
To install the "Trainz Map" please go to "C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\Docs\manuals_cd\extras\" and run TrainzMap100Setup.exe
To install the Monorail route, please start up Trainz Railway Simulator 2006 so as the first menu appears. Click on "manage content". Once the CMP tool has loaded go to File > Import CDPs.
Now browse to "C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\Docs\manuals_cd\extras\Monorail\" and highlight all nine of the CDP files in this directory. Click "open" and this will import the content files. Once this is complete you will get a window showing you all of the content which has been imported, and this will now be available to use in TRS2006.