- New custom implementation of the KAP140 Autopilot. The previously recommended mod presented an incompatibility with the TDS GTN 750 after Sim Update 10 that resulted in modes getting stuck, and altitude hold mode failing to maintain altitude. No autopilot mod is required or recommended for the Analog Caravan any more. Existing autopilot mods installed in the Community folder can remain installed without affecting the Analog Caravan. Instructions on adding the 3rd party KAP140 mod have been removed from this manual. See the updated KAP 140 Autopilot section of this manual for instructions on use.
- Battery voltage drop now simulated. Large DC loads will pull down voltage.
- Altitude alerting tone when 1000ft remaining until altitude, and when leaving 200ft safe boundary around selected altitude.
- Original software architecture from v1.1 has been restored until MSFS exe.xml bug is fixed.
- Millibar setting window added to both altimeters.
- All Bendix/King radios now have 3D modeled knobs to match new aircraft releases.
- Equipment screenshots updated in the manual to reflect current appearances.
- KR87 timer fixed. Press the set/reset push-button to cycle through “Start > Stop > Reset”.
- Missing KR87 tuning knob pull animation and sound added.
- Autopilot knob animations corrected to fix broken default code.
- WTT mod implementation main panel autopilot annunciators corrected.
- Fixed screen flickering when adjusting interior lighting intensity. Note for developers: this may have had something to do with the cycle time of the Coherent environment.
- Default passenger loading reset to crew-only. Vestigial from aerodynamics testing.
- Trim wheel neutral position “TD” marking correct to “TO” to correct inherited default decal.
- Decision height indicator brightness adjusted.
- One more photocell texture fixed.
- Manual updated with all new features.
Also includes updates from v0.1.2
- CUSTOM SOUNDS & AURAL WARNINGS ADDED: A method by which to add custom sounds outside of the default WWISE package and retain all functionality in the default aircraft has been devised and implemented. This adds the iconic annunciator testing tones comprising the fire warning siren, and fuel selector off warning. Custom sounds have been added to the environmental control system to better represent the operation of fans, their speed, and the air conditioning compressor. Small ambient sounds have been added to better create the illusion of analog systems, such as relay/contactor clunks, and warning sound chirps when power is applied to their circuit. Lastly, oxygen system sounds have been added. For more information on the operation of these alert systems, see the “Audible Warning Tones” section of this manual.
- Added support for WTT Autopilot Mod, and WTT KAP140 implementation. A separate package is required to use WTT mode, available at pms50.com/msfs/. This mode limits radio equipment selection to the PMS50 GTN-750 GPS, which is a limitation of the WTT Autopilot System.
- New aerodynamics and engine performance tweaks from JayDee. Updated fuel flow, turbine torque tables, SU10 ground handling parameters, and global constant adjustments. High altitude performance is also improved by virtue of torque bloom bug fix (see below).
- Radio background materials. Unlit digits and segments are now visible when equipment is off, and vary in appearance with viewing angle. Individual electrical traces are also visible.
- New custom implementation of the KX155B. Now supports changing frequency spacing (25 kHz for US, and 8.33 kHz for Europe) by pressing the COM volume knob, and active NAV frequency tuning by pulling the inner NAV radio tuning knob. Also displays a “T” symbol when transmitting on the appropriate COM radio. The display is also more crisp, uses a superior 7-segment display font, and the background glows with digit intensity.
- New custom implementation of the KR87. The correct font is now used for annunciator text, and placement is more accurate. The text is larger, easier to read, matches the size of other custom 7-segment displays in the aircraft, and the font now has the correct aspect ratio. The display is also more crisp, uses a superior 7-segment display font, and the background glows with digit intensity.
- Inertial separator actually reduces torque when applied and functions as engine anti-icing.
- Added more easily accessible L:Vars in AnalogCaravan.xml for cockpit builders and 3rd party product integration.
- RANDOM GEOGRAPHICALLY SPECIFIC CRASH TO DESKTOP (CTD) FIXED: Special thanks to forum user Nicotine70 for volunteering the countless hours required to isolate this bug. A note to other developers: Apparently, MSFS does not play well with the Simulation Variable “WINDSHIELD WIND VELOCITY”. Although it is documented in the SDK, it is not used anywhere in the vanilla codebase. There are several suitable alternatives for this value, such as “RELATIVE WIND VELOCITY BODY Z”.
Torque bloom calculations were causing artificially limited torque at high dynamic pressures. This is now fixed, and has improved fuel flow and climb rate at high altitudes.
- Improved Ng calculation to reduce startup lag.
- Fixed possible CTD with the new failure system when over ten failures were active at once. This is unrelated to CTD’s experienced with any aircraft while running Sim Update 10 Beta, or the “WINDSHIELD WIND VELOCITY” bug noted above.
- Exterior camera HUD correctly displays engine power setting and flap setting degrees.
- Improved variable choices for more accurate access to underlying free turbine simulation.
- GNS and GTN volume knobs now turn GPS power on and off.
- Fixed incorrect ITT variable for cockpit builders (L:BKSQ_CARAVAN_ITT).
- Fuel Flow adjusted and in-cockpit gauge now shows correct value.
- Improved Ng calculation again. Now includes secondary injectors on startup, and scales more accurately at low idle.
- Higher quality grunge texture (scratches & fingerprints) on windshield.
- Improved font and spacing on KDI572 DME unit.
- Fixed photocell texture on all avionics bezels.
- Added missing button press sounds to navigation source select buttons.
- Added missing sounds for radio knob pulling/pushing.
- Added missing sound and animation for GTN 750 push buttons.
- Manual updated with all new features.