Latest Update: 01/02/2018
The below log shows all updates for this product since release:
- FO's After Landing Flow: FO will no longer turn off window heat to prevent fogging.
- FS2Crew will close the doors during the FO's Before Start flow for those of you who do not want to run the Pre Flight Events.
- If the APU is needed at Gate arrival (as set on the Approach Brief), the FO will turn on the APU Generator when the "Engine #1 Start Feather" command is made.
- If the aircraft is detected as being outside Canada or the US, the FO will skip the Altimeters challenge in the Descent Checklist. This was a big request from our European users, and I'm happy to say we did it!
- FO will no longer say "All right" when asked for the After Landing Checklist. Instead, he will say "ok". This was a user request.
- During the Parking Checklist, the FO will now correct you if the Emergency Exit Light switch is not off.
- FO will select ALT SEL again after pushing GA during his Before Start flow.
- TCAS and Wx Radar Test during the Pre-Flight Events improved.
- After Landing flow: The FO will no longer select Doors until you've called Engine 1 Start Feather. This allows you to read the Ground Speed during taxi. With this feature, we're deviating from the airline SOPs we modeled, but in the interests of usability we decided to implement it.
- Cabin door will no longer open early during shutdown procedure.
- Improved "Acceleration Height" trigger if climbing at high rates of speed.
- New CFG Option (LINDA - YES/NO). Select to YES if your external hardware, including SPAD NEXT, that uses LINDA to interface with the DASH 8 is causing problems with some FS2Crew callouts, such as "1000 TO GO ALT SEL", "ROTATE", "PICKING UP ICE", or calling the FA. When selected to YES, these calls will no longer play.
- If MUTE is active, green bar will no longer display even if speech is detected.
- If data is not being read correctly out of the Dash 8, you will receive a display warning "FAIL" on the FS2Crew Main Panel.
- TA/TL fixed in button control.
- UK Global FO voice set updated..
- Missing Asian Mastery Battery sound.
- Audio system updated to avoid possible issues with Dolby 7.1 Surround Systems. (You should no longer need to set your Speakers in the Windows Control panel to 'Stereo').
- Additional support for the 'Pro' version of the Dash 8: FO now reads the position of the Gear Pins.
- Ability to pause the FO audio (assign a key to: WING FOLD/UNFOLD in the FSX/P3D 'Controls' Menu).
- Autopilot control no longer relies on stock FS variables, therefore if you have the AFCS_FSX_SYNC switch option set to 0, FS2Crew autopilot voice commands will now function. Reminder: If the autopilot ever runs away, use the command "CANCEL LAST COMMAND" to stop the autopilot.
- Several new approach types have been added to the Brief Panel.
- Windshield Heat and Pilot's Side Window Heat will not be turned off during the FO's After Landing flow if the temp is below 0 Celsius.
New Config Options:
- FO Selects Doors during After Landing Flow. Implemented by user request as some users want to see the Ground Speed during taxi in.
- FO Controls Exterior Lights After Landing Flow. Implemented by user request as some users wanted the FO to control the lights after landing. Normally, at the airline we modeled, exterior lights are the Captain/PF's responsibility.
- TCAS ON only during the 'Before Takeoff Checklist - Below the Line'. Implemented by user request for users flying using on-line ATC who don't want the transponder to come on early.
- Button and Voice Control Checklist items (WX TERR challenge rectified).
- FO's Flow items (After Landing flow, collision light now goes to Red).
- Button Control: Landing Checklist when Flaps 15 Selected in Brief.
- FA Cabin PA will no longer play during Taxi In after an RTO.
- Button Control: Only 2nd leg, 24 Hour Checklist will be automatically skipped over.
- All current Voice Control users received a FREE upgrade to the Special Bundle Pack.
- The biggest addition is you now have full BUTTON CONTROL for those who do not prefer VOICE CONTROL for whatever reason.
- Brand new Captain Voices for the US, UK and EU. The US Captain's voice is a real-world airline pilot and he sounds especially good. He's new to FS2Crew.
- The "HELP" button no longer adjust the Condition Lever when pressed.
- For the CLIMB CHECKLIST - BELOW THE LINE, you can now simply say "BELOW THE LINE" instead of having to include the Prop Setting as well (this assumes the Prop Setting will remain unchanged).
- You can right click the CFG button to close the CFG sub-menu.
- IFE Cabin PA removed since you generally don't watch movies on Dash 8s (usually short legs).
- For European users in regions that have low Transition Levels, you can now make the Transition Level callout ***after*** having completed the Descent Checklist.
- The manual and tutorial in particular have been updated.
SPECIAL BUNDLE PACK Gotchas:
- If you own the Voice Control version, the download zip file name will still refer to VOICE. Just open up the zip file and you'll see the Special Bundle Pack installer exe.
- The Brief Panel now has three new yellow boxes over some of the arrows. These are to signify that the RIGHT MOUSE button can be used to adjust some of the displayed values (but only when Button Control is active).
- Volume Control issue fixed.
- If running non-standard resolutions, GDI text will scale properly.
- "SET AND CHECKED" now replaces the "SKIP" voice command to help standardize the product with NGX Reboot.
- Config Manager for "Side By Side MS FSX /Steam" FSX installs fixed.
- Video Marshaller issue with P3D V3 fixed.
- VPilot issue with P3D V3 fixed.
- Official P3D V3, Steam FSX Support and support for the newly released "Pro" version from Majestic Software.
- Fixed bug associated with the Video Marshaller not playing.
- Important P3D V3 Notes: The Dash 8 does not currently 'officially' support P3D V3 due to problems with P3D V3, but we added P3D V3 support regardless due to user request. If using P3D V3, do not forget to install the P3D V3 beta update from Majestic Software.
- The FO will now set the Prop Lever accurately regardless of any custom Prop Lever calibration settings you made via the Majestic Config Manager.
- FO will now set the Flow Selector to MIN prior to takeoff in case you set it MAX during taxi.
- Some British users had problems with "ARM" and "ON" due to their accents. Additional options for these are now "ARMED" (note the 'd') and "HONE" .
- Ground Crew dialogues fixed during Gate Arrival should you ask for Ground Power.
- PDF and on-line manual updated to clarify and correct certain voice commands.
- Bleeds Off Takeoffs - FIXED
- Improved audio device handing. You should no longer have to select your headset audio device before pressing "HS" on the main FS2Crew panel.
- Ground Crew commands and conversations - FIXED
- FO will now only discuss ice detection to a maximum of two times per flight.
- Descent Checklist if Headset selected - FIXED
- Set Cruise Power command (both engine modes should now change to MCR instead of just one) - FIXED
- Shut down hang if Headset selected - FIXED. (But it's still good practice to deselect the HS button prior to exiting FSX should you ever experience a hang on shutdown.)
The product download in your account is updated as and when updates are released, so if purchasing after any of the given dates your product will include all updates prior to that date.
To download updates you will need to re-download the product from the 'Your Orders' section of your account which you can log into by clicking here.
For guidance on downloading this update, please visit this FAQ.