Latest Update: 12/02/2018
The below log shows all updates for this product since release:
The following new features were added in version 1.3
- Added ShadeTree Micro Aviation (STMA) AutoUpdate plugin - your Twin Comanche will now auto-update when loaded in X-Plane
- Virtual Reality Ready! Changed all cockpit manipulators to be compatible with X-Plane virtual reality preview version 11.20vr1. The Twin is fully functional in VR, but may require more modifications before the X-Plane VR version is released
- All new FMOD engine sounds created from actual Lycoming engine sound recordings
- Saved-state preferences - your options and settings are now saved each time you exit X-Plane, and they will be restored when you reload
- Added new storm scope instrument to panel (default X-Plane storm scope)
- New control menu icon can be repositioned on screen - its position will be saved when you exit, and restored when you reload
- Control menus can be resized and repositioned to your preferences - size and position will be saved when you exit and restored when you reload
The following bugs were fixed in version 1.3:
- Autopilot bug fixes: Re-wrote pa30autopilot.lua script - autopilot modes were not engaging as expected in previous version, and autopilot was not responding to X-Plane commands. Autopilot is now more compatible with standard X-Plane datarefs, and keyboard/joystick-mapped X-Plane commands can be used. Compatible X-Plane commands are:
- Autopilot pitch wheel can now be adjusted with PITCH mode off
- Autopilot UP/DOWN pitch wheel manipulators were backwards (up/down arrows) - fixed
- Fixed problem where the airplane would pitch up or down violently when dis-engaging the autopilot
- "NAV SELECT" toggle switch now correctly switches between pilot and copilot as autopilot source
- Directional Gyro now shows either NAV1 or GPS course - does not show NAV2/OBS2 course (use OBS2 for NAV2 navigation)
- The slip ball on the turn/slip indicator was using the wrong dataref - fixed
- The "bank" indicator on the turn/slip indicator should actually indicate the rate of turn, not the bank angle. Changed accordingly.
- Fixed problem with COM2/NAV2 LEDs fixed (were too dim)
- Ammeter was not indicating alternator bus load correctly - according to Piper owner's web site, the Piper ammeter should indicate the demand load on the alternator bus.
- Knobs and buttons on the COM2/NAV2 radio were mis-aligned
- COM2 inner knob not rotating when adjusted
- Fuel pump sounds continued playing after battery and engine shut down - fixed
- Wing objects were missing LIT textures
- Corrected LIT datarefs for wing tips strobe and nav lights
- Increased brightness of landing lights
- "VFR" button on transponder now toggles between 1200 and 7000 for European compatibility
- Added plugin code to set audio volumes of ADF, DME and Marker based on audio panel volume knob setting
- Added plugin code to set audio panel to monitor ADF1 if BFO mode (tone mode) selected on ADF receiver
- Added storm scope instrument to panel – customer request
- Adjusted fuel consumption - fuel flow rates are now per the POH
- Fixed a problem with the GNS530 right-side knobs - they sometimes would not allow user to scroll left or right enough to select characters
- Cylinder #4 CHT needle fixed - was not registering a temperature
- Adjusted nose wheel steering angles for low-speed and high-speed turning introduced in XP11.10
We are issuing a minor update to the Twin Comanche to correct a problem introduced by X-Plane version 11.10. The OBS #1 instrument in the Twin Comanche was previously using an X-Plane dataref for magnetic heading for its compass card. Now that XP 11.10 has introduced “DG drift”, the compass card could be out of synch with the airplane’s current magnetic heading. We have corrected that problem in version 1.2.1. Also, the ADF receiver now uses electro-gyro heading for its compass card, so we removed the ADF compass card rotation knob. The ADF now always indicates the airplane’s current heading, and the ADF bearing needle now shows the true course to fly to the selected ADF ground station.
The product download in your account is updated as and when updates are released, so if purchasing after any of the given dates your product will include all updates prior to that date.
To download updates you will need to re-download the product from the 'Your Orders' section of your account which you can log into by clicking here.
For guidance on downloading this update, please visit this FAQ.