You can add a Cold and Dark start function by placing the supplied scenario trigger in your scenario. Here’s how:
- Start your scenario
- Press CTRL+E to enter the editor
- Press the Orange coloured train icon in the top left fly out menu.
- Click “Yes” on the next window
- On the middle fly out window select the “Track infrastructure” Icon. This looks like a semaphore signal.
- Scroll down to find and select “JT- Class 20 Trigger Point (Cold Start)”.
- Select this and just place it where you want the event to be triggered. In the case of a ‘cold and dark’ start-up situation, place it under the train at its starting location. Ensure the arrow is facing the direction of travel. When happy with the location sink the marker to be invisible below the track by using the up/down arrow on the marker sphere.
- When you have done this press the Orange triangle on the bottom right corner of the window and save the changes.
You are now ready to try your cold and dark start scenario!
NOTE! Due to limitations in Train Simulator when loading a Free Roam scenario the engine will not be shut off until you click on the locomotive, also you may hear the engine running until it has completed its sequence even though the engine is in fact not running. Eventually the sounds will stop.